17 May 2021
The children love spending time in our outdoor area. We provide a stimulating and safe environment where the children can learn, play, explore and take risks.
Risky play allows children to challenge themselves on many levels:
- Physically – by climbing a little higher, running a little faster or jumping a little further.
- Emotionally – feeling out of control or overcoming fear
- Mentally – learning how to get out of trouble, learning your own boundaries and that of the environment around them.
(EYR team, (2018) https://www.earlyyearsresources.co.uk/blog/2018/10/risky-play-importance/)
Our garden is full of fun and engaging resources for the children to use and learn such as:
- A mud kitchen where the children love to make mud pies and potions.
- A water area full of tubs, jugs, and underwater creatures,
- A cosy reading area,
- Mark making table,
- Chalk table,
- Playdough area,
- Construction and small world area,
- Maths and phonics table which has fun games for the children to learn their numbers and sounds.
- Games area.
When the sun is shining, we love to have our snack outdoors. Where the children are provided with fresh fruit, milk, and water.
Posted by Sophie Berry
Category: Nursery 2021